The scripture for today, April 14 (4/14), is Esther 4:14b as found in the Old Testament of the Bible:
“And who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
Today’s scripture is about a reluctant young lady who won a beauty contest and was chosen to be queen of Persia. Time has passed, and now a command has just gone out to kill all Jews. Queen Esther was a Jewess but had not told anyone at the royal court. She could continue to hide her nationality and let all her people die, or she could try to intervene with the king. She was the only Jew the king would have listened to. So, realizing she could be killed too, she spoke on behalf of her people. They were saved.
There are always situations in life in which you are the only one who can accomplish something very needed. Perhaps you are the only adult standing near a strange child about to run out into a busy street. Perhaps you are tall, and a short person needs to reach something at the store. Perhaps you know a particular language and others around you need you to explain something to them. Perhaps someone called a wrong number on the telephone and reached you instead.
What about during this word-wide pandemic and people without computers? What can you do while quarantined from everyone except those in your home?
- You can go to the home of someone living alone, and sit on their porch in a lawn chair and visit through the screen door.
- You can lead others to form a parade to the home of a young person who is missing out on a graduation exercise, wave signs, honk your horns, put decorations on their front lawn.
- You can go to the home of a sick person and serenade them.
- If you are a retiree and getting a regular monthly check, you can tighten your belt and send money to the church that is going to be overwhelmed with aid requests.
- If you have old toys, you can wash them, put them on the porch of a family with children (duly disinfected), or tools you don’t use to the home of a craftsman, or your extra fabric to the home of a seamstress.
- What about calling a child and reading a story to them or an older person and singing to them?
- Is there a book you’ve wanted to write for years when you had time?
- Put storybooks or puzzle books or magazines or jigsaw puzzles on the porch of a family or person living alone
- Can you begin writing the story of your life to pass on to future generations?
- For large families running out of paper products, take over a supply of cloth handkerchiefs or cloth towels. A young family could use a supply of cloth diapers.
- Take a supply of hand, dish, or laundry soap to a large family.
- Make a stew or cookies or a roast for someone.
- Do yard work for people.
- Repair or paint house exteriors.
- Make 100 or1000 handmade thank-you notes and leave them at a hospital for all the workers.
- Go through your congregation’s membership directory and pray for everyone by name.
- Go for a walk around your deserted neighborhood and tape an encouraging Bible verse on each front door.
- Drive past deserted stores and office buildings and pray for those who are losing income.
- Read your newspaper, pray for everyone in it and, using your phone book, send them a note saying you did.
- If you get home deliveries, leave a box of goodies wrapped in individual packets at your door with a note, “Take one: This is my thank you.”
- Oh, and give blood.
As you go through life, there are situations in which you are the only one who can handle them or the only one who has thought of doing what others could be doing. Do you do them? Do you watch for those situations, or do you walk around in your own little world? Dare to be a queen. Or a king.
Listen! It’s the silent cries of people only you can help. Do you hear them?
I pen my thoughts to reach out to souls. Will you help me tells others about this book? https://amzn.to/3ckTnSi
LINK to all BOOKS by CATEGORY: http://bit.ly/MyBookInfo
LINK to all BOOKS on AMAZON: http://bit.ly/AmazonBooksByKatheryn
DREAM MAKER is storybook #2 in A CHILD’S LIFE OF CHRIST for ages 3-12. At the end of every chapter is “Think & Do” for your child to apply something from that chapter in their life, usually a good work such as taking a cookie to a neighbor and calling a shut-in to sing to them or calling an unpopular child at school to say hi. Perfect for the early reader with large font and dashes between syllables of big words. To BUY NOW, click a book cover or paste this………. https://amzn.to/3ckTnSi
#Christiangoodworks, #queenesther, #queenking, #isolation, #lonely, #cabinfever, #families, #coronavirus, #Achildslifeofchrist, #dreammaker, #goodworks, #inspiration, #devotional, #worship, #vespers, #meditation,. #godliness, #Christianity, #JesusChrist, #church, #Bible, #Scripture, #HolyBook, #religion, #love, #truth, #prayer, #praise, #forgiveness, #heaven,#katherynmaddoxhaddad