There are numerous books on the Holy Spirit, but they are based on only a few Bible verses. This study was not done to prove the author’s or anyone else’s pet assessment of the Holy Spirit. The study was made with the desire to forget all pre-conceived notions and opinions, and discover only God’s opinion.
The Bible has 365 verses on the Holy Spirit and God’s Spirit. This is the only book of its kind to cover all verses. All other books take a few ideas about the Holy Spirit and elaborate on them.
To make sense out of all 365 verses, they were categorized according to what you see in the table of contents in this book ~ the types of people affected by the Holy Spirit.
Within each category, are sub-categories, usually based on how the Holy Spirit connected with each person, and how each person reacted.
The same subcategory terms will sometimes appear in each category of the people the Holy Spirit affected. At first those little words may seem to have no special significance. But as you progressed through them, you will see that even little words like “within” and “upon”, and “full” sometimes had big significance. All those word studies prepare you for the even more dynamic later chapters in the book.
Read through these chapters, not to prove what you already believe, but with an open mind and heart that perhaps you don’t believe in enough things the Holy Spirit does, or you believe in more things than the scriptures actually teach.
Let us be careful that we do not go beyond what is written (I Corinthians 4:6). Now, let us gear up for all things God’s Holy Spirit does, and get ready to be amazed.
* * * * * SECTEC. An Excellent Read & Training. An excellent Christian book on the Holy Spirit. Very thorough and interesting. I never read any book that explained it so well, since I read the Bible itself. Very educational.
* * * * * CG. I really enjoyed reading this book.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Relationship with Old-Testament-Times Believers in General
- 2. Relationship with Old-Testament-Times Prophets
- 3. Relationship in the Transition From Old to New Testament
- 4. Relationship with New Testament Apostles
- 5.Relationship with New-Testament-Times Believers in General Before New Testament Written – I
- 6. Inch-by-Inch Study of Tongues
- 7. Relationship with New-Testament-Times Believers in General Before New Testament Written – II
- 8. Inch-by-Inch Study of Acts 2 Prophecies
- 9. Attributes of the Holy Spirit – I
- 10 Attributes of the Holy Spirit – II
- 11 Relationship with Believers After New Testament Written – I
- 12 Relationship with Believers After New Testament Written – II
- 13 Relationship with the Whole World – I
- 14 Relationship with the Whole World – II
- 15 Relationship with God the Father
- 15 Relationship with God the Son
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW